This was a big hit at my house! I used Frank's Red Hot Sauce for the wing sauce. It wasn't too spicy for the girls. Everyone made sure that I knew they liked it!
Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes
1 1/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/3 c. buffalo wing sauce
6 c. frozen (thawed) southern-style hash brown potatoes
1 c. ranch or bleu cheese dressing (I used the ranch)
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 can condensed cream of celery soup (I had cream of chicken, so I used that)
1/2 c. corn flake crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. chopped green onions (left these off because of my picky men)
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and wing sauce.
3. In large bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese, and soup. Spoon into baking dish. Place chicken strips in single layer over potato mixture.
4. In small bowl, stir together crumbs and butter. Sprinkle in baking dish.
5. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Sprinkle with green onions.
Other flavors: you can replace the wing sauce with teriyaki, sweet and sour, or barbecue sauce.
You can also omit the chicken and wing sauce for a side dish.
The recipe is from the Betty Crocker web site.