Saturday, June 12, 2010

Congrats Card #1

Here is the first of 3 graduation cards that I need to make. This one came together pretty quickly thanks to the June Express Kit . I was pretty happy that I was able to use the kit the same week that I received it! I haven't done that in quite a while.

I wanted to use chipboard letters for dimension, but I didn't have any that matched. So I took some letters that were way to bright and added some distress ink (olive) and Maya Mist in bronze. I used a paper towel to soak up the excess mist. I am quite pleased with the finished look!

I also made my own envelope since I made an odd-sized card. The card is a tri-fold type that was made to hold cash--the perfect grad gift!
Supplies used: My Mind's Eye patterned paper, Basic Grey ribbon and letter stickers (on the envelope but doesn't show in the photo), Pebbles Candy Dots, Pink Paislee chipboard letters, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Maya Mist, From my stash I used some misc. cardstock, unknown patterned paper and silk flowers for the envelope.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Shell! I love it. The colors work so well together. I missed craft night this past weekend. I can't wait for craft night in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley....I really like this card....just sayin'! Also you were selected to receive the 'Creative Writing Blogger Award.' Head on over to my blog to grab your award. See you when you get back! Love you.

    ReplyDelete