Friday, May 21, 2010

A Weekend Away

It was a blessing to be able to attend a weekend crop! I was able to accomplish so much, and it is so relaxing to take a break from the responsibilities of home! Through the wonders of internet and a laptop, I was able to easily keep in touch with my hubby. On that Friday, I spent the entire day working on a project for church. I was able to complete everything that I had at that time. I'm still waiting on a few things to add to the book, but it will be out of my hands at the end of this month. It was a relief to get that all behind me!

Saturday, I worked on layouts for me. I was trying to use some kits I have neglected. I love the Memory Works Express kits! I enjoy the mix of patterned papers and embellishments, and it's really easy to complete a layout since I have everything I need in one place. (It also made it really easy to pack for a weekend of cropping!) This is the March 2010 kit. I made my own journaling block because I didn't have one that was the right size or color. The stamp is from Unity.


My son is quite the entreprenuer. He's always thinking of things he can do to make money. Of course he thinks all his ideas will be a fast track to lots of money. When he was younger, he really enjoyed selling lemonade at his grandparent's house. They lived in a generous neighborhood! Once, he even woke up early enough to sell Kona coffee to anyone who was on their way to work.

By Sunday, I think I was overwhelmed. I spent the day mounting some rubber stamps onto cling foam so that I could use them with my acrylic blocks. All in all, it was quite a productive weekend, and I'm happy that I went! Now, I just need to get everything unpacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment